AAA White Sox Week/end at a Glance (4/15/21)
Here is a re-cap of what's coming up the rest of this week/end!
Today, Thursday, April 15th @ 6pm - Practice at Highland Middle School - uniforms and picture forms will be handed out at this time. If you will not be at practice, please let Neil know and Krista or I will deliver it to you.
Saturday, April 17th - OPENING DAY!
Opening Day Ceremony - Tentatively 10am, we are still awaiting more details so stay tuned.
Picture Day - Please arrive promptly at 11:20am (our time slot) or a few minutes before. Players should have their completed picture form, uniform (hat and jersey), baseball glove (needed for picture) and a mask for waiting in line. Group photos will be done in Photoshop this year, so group photos are still an option for order.
Game - 12-2pm vs. Cubs. AAA Field. Please be at the field at 11:45am. Please review info I sent via e-mail on 4/8/21 as a refresher for attire, equipment, games, etc. If you do not have the e-mail, all messages are listed on our team home page on the LLL website and can be referenced at any time.
Sunday, April 18th - Game 11am-1pm @ Nationals - AAA Field
Please arrive at 10:45am.
*For any absences, please let Neil know.
You all should have received an e-mail from Krista entitled White Sox Team snacks invite from SignUpGenius.com. If you did not receive the e-mail or need it again, please let Krista know. Participation is optional.
Any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Kelly & Krista
Hello White Sox Families!
With no concession options this baseball season, I have sent a sign up (via signup.com) for those who wish to provide snacks after the games. Please remember, participation is completely optional. Should you choose to sign up, please provide snacks/drinks that are individually packaged and nut free.
If you have any questions please reach out to myself or Kelly Duncombe.
Thank you and Go White Sox!!
Krista Kritenbrink and Kelly Duncombe
I received all of the uniforms yesterday from Neil and want to get bags put together for each of the players. Please let me know via e-mail (email@example.com) what size and number your player wants/needs. Please put two numbers just in case one isn't available (and maybe second preference on size too just in case) or if it doesn't matter please let me know that too. I will take # preferences on a first come, first serve basis.
FYI on fit: They are mostly similar in width, but the length is very different (for example, XL is very long). It may be best to base fit off of height.
I will hand bags out at practice next Thursday. Each bag will contain a hat, socks, jersey and picture form. If you are unable to make it, Krista or I will deliver to your home.
2021 AAA White Sox Season Kickoff Information
Hello AAA White Sox families!
Happy spring! We couldn’t be more excited to kick this season off! My name is Kelly Duncombe and along with Krista Kritenbrink, we will be your Team Parents for this season!
Krista and I will act as a liaison between the team manager, coaches and parents. In addition, assisting with social distancing, masks, sanitizing, and helping monitor kids while in the dugout. We will provide you with key dates and information throughout the season and are always a point of contact should you need anything or have questions at any time.
We apologize in advance, this first e-mail will contain a lot of information. Thank you for your grace and patience!
First, key dates!
- Thursday, April 8th, 6-7pm @ Highland Middle School (NW corner of the field) - Our first practice.
- Thursday, April 15th, 6-7pm @ Highland Middle School - Second practice. Uniforms and picture forms will be handed out at this time. If your player will be absent, Krista or I will drop items off at your home.
- Saturday, April 17th - OPENING DAY at Butler Park
- 10am (tentatively) - Opening Ceremony - all players are encouraged to attend. More details to come.
- 11:20am - AAA White Sox pictures. A tent will be set up in the roundabout at Butler Park near concessions. This is where we will meet. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to picture time.
- 12pm - First game! Cubs vs. White Sox (AAA Field). Please be at the field by 11:45am.
Second, key information!
- Communication -
- Absences - If your player will be absent for a practice or a game. Please contact Neil directly via e-mail or text.
- Cancellations/Changes - In the event of a cancellation or change to game or practice, a group text (and e-mail) will be sent out. We included the use of a group text to distribute time sensitive information more quickly than e-mail alone. I will send out this group text shortly, so please be on the lookout for this. If you would like to be removed from the list or an additional number added, please send me a text directly (my contact info is below). To avoid multiple messages, any communications sent via group text does not require a reply. Weather cancellations ideally will occur no later than 4pm day of practice and ASAP for games, but please be patient as IL weather can change on a dime!
- Helpful apps and websites - The game schedule, roster, contacts, etc. can be accessed in two places. First, on the Libertyville Little League website. Sign into your account and from the LLL home page, click Teams, Choose A Team, 2021 AAA Division, White Sox. Second, the game schedule and roster can be accessed easily through the SportsSignUp Play app. Use your LLL account credentials to log into this app and the AAA White Sox team and schedule should automatically populate.
- Practices - Thursdays @ 6-7pm Highland Middle School (NW corner of field). Practices will be structured to have the players be as socially distant as possible. While masks are not required during practice, we want to ensure everyone feels comfortable so please do what works best for your player/family in terms of wearing a mask/gaiter. Bring as much of your own equipment as possible (glove, bat, helmet, water bottle, bag).
- Games - At the AAA level, players are REQUIRED to wear masks/neck gaiters at all times EXCEPT when they are in the field playing defense. The mask policy is a Little League national policy which LLL must follow. Please arrive to all games 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Attire - Team hat, jersey, pants, cup, socks, cleats, mask/neck gaiter. Neck gaiters are recommended over masks for ease of on/off.
- Equipment - Each player should bring their own water bottle and glove. It is also highly recommended that each player has his/her own bat, helmet and some sort of bag to put things in. Bats must be stamped with a USA Baseball seal to be able to use it for play. The bat/helmet recommendation is not only due to COVID, but these pieces tend to fit better if purchased specifically for a player vs. league provided equipment. If you need a 10% coupon for Dick’s please let me know and I can try to direct you to one from LLL.
- Picture Day - Saturday, April 17th @ 11:20am. Meet in roundabout 5 minutes prior to picture time. Team photos will still be available for order as part of a package. Total Image photography will Photoshop a team photo this year. If your player is unable to attend picture day and you would like your player to have pictures and/or be included in the Team Photo please e-mail
to arrange a one-off picture session.
- Spectator Guidelines: While there are no mask requirements for spectators at the baseball fields, LLL encourages following current CDC guidelines. There are no restrictions on who may attend games. Grandparents, family, friends, all are welcome.
- Team Treats: Concessions will not be available this year at Butler Park. However, we know how much the players look forward to food/drink at the end of a game. We would like to propose a team treat schedule for this season that will rotate among families. Treats and drinks will be individually packaged and free of any nut allergens. Participation in this is completely optional. More info to come.
- Other: Krista and I will have wipes and hand sanitizer in the dugout. Please include these items in your player’s bag if you wish to do so also.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING YOUR PLAYER BRINGS TO GAMES/PRACTICES IS LABELED WITH YOUR PLAYER’S NAME. This is so important every year, but especially this year.
Please feel free to reach out to either of us with any questions or concerns. Look forward to seeing you all!